Friday, 12 September 2014

No ministry plates; no MOT . . .


No ministry plates; no MOT

Cited at:

Before you take a commercial vehicle for its annual test, you must have a plating certificate – also known as a ministry plate – that shows the permitted axle and gross vehicle weights.

This is listed as part of the process in the DVLA’s V355 guidance notes when you first register your vehicle. But if you’ve bought a new vehicle from a dealer or manufacturer who registered it, it’s worth checking that the plating certificate is included. If not, you’ll have to apply for one before you can take your vehicle to annual test.

To get your plating certificates, you must email your European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval (ECWVTA) certificates to post them to:

DVSA Testing and Support Services
Padley Road

In your covering note, you must include:
customer name and address
vehicle registration mark
any reduced gross and train weights for Vehicle Excise Duty tax purposes
date of first registration

We will create the plates and will usually be able to issue you with them within 16 weeks of receipt of your certificates.

About Driver CPC    Drivercpc drivercpc DriverCPC driverCPC driver CPC

No comments:

Post a Comment

easy CPC

easyCPC offer CPC training courses for drivers across the UK and Ireland.